The web pages
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1304.htmlas well as the main web page at the U.S. Department of State at
http://travel.state.govhave information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. These sites also have links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements, and should plan their travel well in advance.
All visa inquiries must be handled by ACM’s main headquarters in New York. ACM does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to ACM sponsored conferences. ACM can, however, issue a visa support letter.
Please send your request for a letter in support of a visa application to the Office of SIG Services (supportletters at acm.org) with the following information:
- Name and mailing address as it appears on your passport
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Your Registration Confirmation Number from the conference you wish to attend
- If you are the author of any paper(s) accepted for the conference, please provide the title(s)
- Current mailing address (** Please note: Visa support letters are issued via email)
The above is based upon accurate information from ACM and that was last updated by ACM on 10 October 2010.